Many people have oily skin due to a large amount of sebum generation. Though sebum is useful, as it gives shine to your hairs and skin, it can also be the cause of acne and pores on your face. Many people undergo skin care treatments and take several kinds of drugs to deal with the same. These drugs can be very harmful and can cause severe damage to your skin.
So why apply harmful chemicals to your skin, if you can effectively tackle oily skin with home remedies? If you use a face mask made with natural products, it will have a very positive effect on your skin. Using these masks, you can easily handle your oily skin, pimples, acne, rashes, and pores.
Recommended Read: Honey for Healthy Skin
Read on to learn how to prepare face masks to deal with your oily skin.
Fuller’s earth face mask
Fuller’s earth is used for treating acne and pimples. It has been used for decades, with great results, making it one of the best home remedies for acne. It not only deals with the problems of the oily skin but also helps to give a perfect shine to your face. Here’s how you prepare a Fuller’s earth face mask:
- Take some of the Fuller’s earth (raw or powder) in a bowl, and some water in it. Add a few drops of lemon juice and rose water in the mixture.
- After soaking it for more than 15 minutes, apply it gently all over your face. It will clear and remove the dead cells from your skin.
- Apply it for 2-3 days in a week and observe the changes.
Fruit face masks
Fruits are rich in vitamins and potassium. Fruits like papaya, orange, and apple masks work as great face masks and give you a fresh and glowing skin in few minutes. They are quite easy to use.
- Choose any fruit or a combination of fruits of your choice
- Mash them in a blender
- Apply them directly to your skin and wash off after 30 mins
Recommended Read: 5 Do-It-Yourself Face Packs for Dry Skin
Milk and lemon mask
It is another beneficial treatment for people with oily skin. Though the combination of milk and lemon seems a bit odd at first, it will provide incredible benefits to your oily face. Milk will make your skin smooth, while lemon, being rich in vitamin C, adds moisture and shine to your face. It is very easy to prepare this face mask:
- Take milk in a bowl and add a tablespoon of lemon in it.
- Mix the mixture properly and apply it to your face.
- Wash it after 15-30 minutes and see the changes.
Rose water, glycerin, and lemon mask
The combination of these three ingredients will help hydrate your skin and make it fresh. This mask is easy to prepare, by following these steps:
- Take rose water, glycerin, and lemon equally in a bowl. Mix and apply it well. Wash it off after 15-20 minutes. This face mask which helps in removing all the dirt from your skin
- The mixture can be kept in the freezer after preparation and before use.
Gram flour, turmeric, lemon juice and milk mask
This is another face mask made by a perfect combination of ingredients, that removes acne, and pimples, and reduces oily skin cells, to give you the best skin. Turmeric provides a fair complexion by removing the dark cells. Lemon and milk give smoothness and remove the excess oil from your skin.
- Take a half cup of gram flour, add 2-3 tablespoons of milk and a few drops of lemon, and mix it well.
- Apply it on your oily skin and rinse it off after 20-25 minutes to see the effects.
These were some of the best and easiest face mask recipes for oily skin. It’s better to use these natural remedies, than using any chemical based products. These DIY face masks are very simple to make, and you should be able to find all the ingredients at a nearby store.
Keep yourself updated with the latest on Beauty. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more on Health, Diet & Nutrition and Fitness. Also, check out our Health Tools and try out our health-related Quizzes.