Various diets have risen to prominence as part of people’s efforts to get their bodies into shape, and the very popular keto diet is no exception. The concept of the keto diet is based on the alternate process of our body to break down excess fat to sustain strength and function and is referred to as ketogenesis. With a consistent diet of protein rich food ketogenesis kicks in, the ketone levels increase and the body enters a state of ketosis, which is a state of fat burning and reduction in the size of fat cells.
Here are some of the basic benefits of a keto diet.
- Insulin level depreciation
- Increase in the fat burning capacity of the body
- Decrease in the inflammatory fat levels in the body
- Relief from diseases like Epilepsy, Diabetes, Fluctuating Blood Pressure, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Morbid obesity, Heart Conditions, Migraines and even Cancer
There are many options for a good keto diet proposed by specialists and trainers that support this lifestyle. The food is high in proteins and light on the stomach, with all the good fats included in it as well. Of the many chicken and fish options, keto bread has caught the fancy of vegans who want to include some sort of vegan bread in their diet.
Even for those who aren’t vegan, the option of being able to eat bread that is within their diet schedule and carb free is quite attractive. Here are two of the best keto bread recipes, each completely different from the other, that you can bake at home and enjoy guilt free.
QUICK AND EASY KETO BREAD
A total cooking time of about 45 minutes, which includes a 5-minute quick prep and a 35-40 minute cook time, this is perfect for you to keep up with your diet while keeping a busy schedule. The serving that we are preparing will have 15-16 slices and about 145 kilocalories.
- Melted butter – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – 3 tablespoons
- Eggs – 6 to 8
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Almond flour – 2/3 cup
- Coconut flour – 1/3 cup
- Xanthan gum (optional) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon
How to prepare:
- Blend 6-8 whole eggs in a food processor until yolks and whites are thoroughly combined
- To a kneading attachment of the food processor add the almond and coconut flour and the rest of the remaining ingredients as well as the eggs
- Churn and knead till a dough is formed
- In a greased bread loaf pan spread dough evenly
- Bake the dough at 350F for about 40 minutes or until the top starts to turn brown
Cut thin slices of the bread once cooled down and serve with melted butter of seasoning of your choice.
Recommended Read: Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
SPROUTED KETO PALEO BREAD
A crusty bread recipe for those, who find prefer multigrain bread over plain bread while on a keto diet. This recipe uses sprouted Nuts and Seeds, which automatically enhances the bioavailable nutrient value of this bread.
- Nuts & seeds: Sprouted Almonds, Sprouted Walnuts, Sprouted Pumpkin and Sprouted Sunflower – 1 cup each
- Sprouted Flax Meal – 1/2 cup
- Sprouted Chia Seeds – 2 Tbsp
- Psyllium Husk – 3 Tbsp
- Sea Salt – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 and a 1/2 cups
- Coconut Oil – 3 Tbsp
How to prepare:
- Pulse all the nuts and seeds into a coarse texture
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients and combine
- Melt coconut oil and add water to the above mixture
- Set the oven to preheat at 350 degrees
- In a loaf pan, place parchment paper, and add the slightly runny mixture
- Bake for about 1 hour and remove when golden brown
- Quick trick: Half way through the baking, flip the bread directly onto the baking rack or tray and take off the parchment paper. This makes the loaf much more crispier
Cut the loaf into thin slices and slathered on some Coconut Oil for a hefty snack.
Keep yourself updated with the latest on Healthy Recipes. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more on Health, Diet & Nutrition and Fitness. Also, check out our Health Tools and try out our health-related Quizzes.