Parents are always concerned whether they should buy a separate life insurance for kids or not. Some may feel it may be futile or unnecessary. This concern is valid because health insurance plans for kids can be a significant expense year after year for parents with limited income. But if you are grappling with this particular purchasing decision then consider the reasons below to ascertain why buying life insurance for kids can be a good idea.
Recommended Read: Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- One of the most important reasons to buy insurance for kids is to ensure that they are not denied one as adults due to health problems. Reality is that if your child develops a medical condition, it can disqualify him or her from getting a life policy. If your child has a policy already, it can continue to be valid as an adult also.
- You can look into private health insurance for child only or other life policies that work best in your child’s favor in case of any existing medical condition. You can also get cheap health insurance for kids based on your current income. You can check if along with health policy, buying a life policy for a child makes sense for you or not.
- Some conditions such as cancer, diabetes, severe thyroid problems, obesity and heart conditions can mean your child can be denied insurance in the future. If they already have a policy, you or they don’t need to worry about lack of insurance coverage in future.
- If your child already has a minor health problem that can worsen in the future, you will be able to buy a limited if not full coverage for your child as a safety net. In most cases, if your child already has some coverage, he or she can buy an additional policy as an adult. This is regardless of the status of your child’s health as an adult.
- Life insurance for kids can be financial support for your child. Your child can tap into the policy amount in case of financial emergencies. If policy coverage doubles once the child is 18, your child can continue to enjoy benefits at no extra premium costs. At 21, your child can either end the policy and use the cash; or continue to enjoy the insurance benefits for life. Now, this is a serious financial support that you can offer your child through a policy that you bought when she or he was younger. The funds from the policy can be used for necessary expenses such as college tuition or for down payments for a vehicle or a house. Your child can also use the policy as loan collaterals.
- With a life insurance policy for kids, you can ensure that your offspring has insurance in the future regardless of their current financial situation. You can buy life insurance for kids at very affordable rates that will offer them cost benefits in the future. The rate at which you bought the policy will remain in effect even when your kids turn into adults. So, this way your kids can have affordable insurance for as long as they want to continue with the policy.
- It is affordable to buy life term insurance for kids for most working parents. Depending on the coverage, the premium amount can be very economical when calculated annually. By spending just a little amount of money each year, you can provide a lifetime of benefits for your child. Depending on the policy, even if you buy insurance for multiple children, the cost won’t be astronomical.
Recommended Read: How To Find Family And Individual Health Insurance Plans