Birthday celebrations and anniversaries are some of the frequent occasions, which involve the exchange of gifts. But apart from these special occasions, there are various events and festivals.
Can you recall the time, when someone helped you out when you needed it the most? Thanksgiving is the time to appreciate the efforts of such people, and give them a token of love or appreciation.
People generally gift their friends and family members hamper, make-up kits, dresses, shoes, and other things on Thanksgiving. And while these are great gifts to give, don’t you think your loved ones deserve something more meaningful and special on Thanksgiving? And what can be more special than a gift of health?
Health insurance plans and policies are among the best gifts you can give those you wish to express gratitude towards. These plans and policies will secure their health for years to come.
Do read ahead to learn about some options for affordable health insurance plans.
Health insurance plans
- Cardiac care plan: It helps cover the cost of treatment for people suffering from a heart disease
- Maternity policies: This policy covers the expense of up to two deliveries, and other expenses needed for newborn babies.
- Critical illness plan: This plan provides coverage for serious diseases like cancer, heart attack, kidney failure, paralysis etc.
- Family floater policies: This policy is comparatively cheaper than an individual plan and covers up to four members of a family
Gifting health insurance to your loved ones
If you want to give your entire family an insurance plan, then you can provide them with family health insurance. However, if you want to purchase a plan for a single individual, then opt for individual health insurance.
Benefits of family health insurance:
- Coverage of all the dependent family members, including your spouse, children, mother, and father.
- The following expenses of a surgery will be covered by the health insurance company – the anesthetist, diagnostic services, medicines, oxygen, blood, operation theatre fees, and the specialist and professional fees.
- An annual free health check-up for the whole family.
- Coverage of the expense of an ambulance in case of an emergency.
- Coverage of pre-hospitalisation expenses before getting admitted to the hospital for 50-60 days.
- Coverage of post-hospitalisation costs after the discharge for 80-90 days.
Benefits of individual health insurance plans:
- Coverage of hospital treatment expenses for an individual.
- Coverage of pre-and-post hospitalization expenses.
- Nursing, surgery, boarding, blood, medicines, and drugs are provided to the individual.
- Coverage of costs of a pre-existing disease, if any.
- Coverage of the expenses incurred due to an injury resulting from an accident.
Things to keep in mind before purchasing a health insurance
- Children are eligible for a health insurance plan from the age of 91 days onward. There is no fixed maximum age to take a health insurance. Some health insurance companies offer policies specifically for individuals above the age of 65 years.
- Do some research about various health insurance companies, and compare the listed companies to find the cheapest and most affordable health insurance. You can also collect information from your family, friends, and agents.
- If you are applying for health insurance, you must be prepared with documents that provide information related to lifestyle diseases such as, smoking/drinking habits, pre-existing diseases, etc.
- Select the company that offers you significant expense coverage, including room rent, doctor’s visiting charges, ambulance service, etc.
- Make sure you check the policies terms and conditions before finalizing the deal, as you won’t receive any benefits other than those stated in the document.
- You can try to ask for a discount beforehand, as some insurance companies offer it to their clients.
So what are you waiting for? Show your loved ones that you care, by giving them the gift of health insurance this Thanksgiving. It will help them deal with health issues that crop up from time to time, as well as those resulting from unpredictable circumstances.