Confused over choosing a spa vacation or a yoga retreat? After long days of working from payday to payday, you’re finally going on a vacation – and you understandably want to pick the option that’ll make it the most worthwhile. But that’s easier said than done, especially if you are traveling with someone else, such as your spouse. Maybe you’d like to head to a yoga retreat, but your spouse wants to go for a spa vacation? And the decision doesn’t get any easier even if you’re going on your own.
Are you currently facing this dilemma? Well, we’re here to help. Read on to learn about the features and benefits of both a spa vacation and a yoga retreat – and make an informed decision.
Let’s start with the yoga retreat. Here are the benefits of going on a yoga retreat:
- A yoga retreat will help you focus on your fitness, and recover from any damage the wear and tear of your life have done to your fitness levels.
- Going on a yoga retreat will help you rethink your life, by giving you a fresh perspective.
- A yoga retreat will help you drown out all the noise and focus on your inner self. Most significantly, a yoga retreat will ensure that you avoid social media for some time.
- We human beings tend to accumulate toxins in our body and mind. The physical toxins are excreted naturally, but psychological detox requires active efforts. A nice long yoga retreat will help with emotional and psychological detox.
- Meditation will help you connect with your inner self, and a yoga retreat will offer you the best meditation experience.
- A yoga retreat will be the best stress buster. You can actively bring down your stress levels.
- A yoga retreat will help you take control of your diet.
- A productive yoga retreat will also help you form new sleeping patterns.
- Yoga retreat helps to connect with new people. One of the best advantages of a yoga retreat is the new people that you connect with. You can meet with an entirely new world of individuals.
A spa vacation offers its own world of benefits:
- If you are looking forward to a restful vacation in which you can pamper yourself, a spa vacation is the best option
- A spa helps you relax through a good body massage. Our body is full of receptors that become numb if you are stressed. When you go to a spa, a full body massage will stimulate all these receptors and help you relax.
- If you want a good facial therapy, foot massage, and pedicure, then a spa is your best bet.
- If restoring the natural glow to your skin is your goal for the vacation, then a spa is the best option.
- The spa is your best option if you want to spend your vacation in solitude, immersed in your favorite novel.
- If you don’t want to tax your body at all, then a spa vacation is what you need.
Other things to consider:
- Duration of vacation: How long is your vacation? Is it just a few days over a weekend or a long one. If it’s a long one, then pack your bags for a yoga retreat. But if it’s a shorter one, a spa vacation is better.
- Budget: What is your budget? If you have money to spare, then travel to an exotic location for a yoga retreat. But if you have a more modest budget, then a spa vacation will certainly be more affordable. Do keep this in mind, especially if you’re going with family.
- Purpose: What is your need? If you just want to unwind, then definitely head for a spa vacation. But if you have been working for a long time without a break, and really want to rejuvenate your body and mind then a Yoga retreat is your best option.
Well, the balls’ is in your court now. Make an informed decision, based on what you’ve now learned. Whatever you choose, here’s hoping you have an awesome vacation, that gives you fond memories!