Having naturally curly hairs adds uniqueness to the personality of the person who is born with it. But, all the twists, coils and curls in the hair makes it a lot more fragile and delicate and it is necessary for the person with curly hair to take much more care.
The natural oils produced by the scalp have a harder time moving down to the tip of the hair strands; as a result, women with curly hair face many hair-related issues- dry, frizzy, dull and low levels of moisture in the hair. That is why it is of great importance to follow a hair care regimen according to the needs of curly hair.Having naturally curly hairs adds uniqueness to the personality of the person who is born with it. But, all the twists, coils and curls in the hair makes it a lot more fragile and delicate and it is necessary for the person with curly hair to take much more care.
The natural oils produced by the scalp have a harder time moving down to the tip of the hair strands; as a result, women with curly hair face many hair-related issues- dry, frizzy, dull and low levels of moisture in the hair. That is why it is of great importance to follow a hair care regimen according to the needs of curly hair.
These are a few tips to naturally care for your curly hair:
Curly hair is more prone to damage than straight hair. It is always a good idea to use hair products like shampoos and conditioners meant for damaged hair or specifically curly hair.
Never overdo the shampoo. Curly hair is dry and overdoing the shampoo can harm your hair more than just cleansing.
Recommended Read: 5 Oil Treatments for Frizzy Hair Types That You Should Try
You can co-wash, which means conditioner washes your hair instead of using shampoo every time for washing. Conditioning your curly hair is important. Again, do not overdo it. You can use a shampoo once a month when more cleansing is required.
Use a t-shirt made from soft and light material instead of a towel to dry your hair after the wash. A towel can irritate your hair, causing frizz. So, ditch the towel and gently dab and scrunch your hair with a t-shirt.
Let your hair air dry after the wash. In case it is necessary to use a blow dryer, use a diffuser along with it. Diffusers help to equally scatter the airflow of the blow drier to make the heat less effective.
Never brush curly hair, rather use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair.
Curly hair looks best when it’s shoulder length and with a few layers cut in to makes it look manageable. Ask your stylist to dry cut shoulder length curly hair to be sure of the length as wet hair looks entirely different from dry hair if you have curly hair.
Short haircuts for curly hair can be really tricky, it is always better to find a real inspiration, go for short haircuts having curls and face shape similar to yours. Do not blindly follow any haircut as what may look best on someone can look the opposite on you.
Change your cotton pillow covers with silk ones if you have curly hair. Cotton absorbs moisture from your hair and causes frizz that curly hair lacks the most already.
How to naturally curl your hair?
Curls are unique and add an individualistic character to the one flaunting it. That is the reason; many girls desire to curl their straight hair. To get the curls at the salon can be expensive and not to mention, it can also damage your hair. The curling iron and other products can harm your hair. If you want to curl your hair naturally without using the heat, the following are some ways to get it done naturally.
- Braiding is the perfect method to turn your hair into the desired beach-wavy curls.
- All you need is some hair ties and a hairspray to hold the waves.
- While your hair is still wet after the wash, create two French braids on both sides of your head.
- Secure with the hair tie and set with hairspray.
- Let it sit and dry completely.
Recommended Read: 5 Natural DIY Hair Masks to Abide By For All Hair Woes
- Velcro rollers are easy to use and you will get the best results with these.
- Dampen your hair and take the section of your hair.
- Start rolling the Velcro rollers from the tip of the hair section until roller reaches to your scalp. Secure the rollers with the pin.
- Once all the hair is rolled with rollers, let air dry your hair.
- Undo the rollers.
- This method of curling the hair naturally is the easiest one. You just need a headband and some pins.
- While your hair is still damp, wear the headband around your head.
- Now, take a section of your hair one by one and start wrapping it around the headband. Secure each section with pins.
- Go to bed once the entire section of hair is wrapped and secured.
- Unpin your hair in the morning and flaunt the curls.
Keep yourself updated with the latest on Beauty. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more on Health, Diet & Nutrition and Fitness. Also, check out our Health Tools and try out our health-related Quizzes.