Have you been looking for a moisturizer ideal for your skin type? Something that will hydrate and rejuvenate your skin and make it look healthy? Just like your body needs fuel in the form of vitamins, minerals, and other supplements in the form of food to function well, your skin also requires moisture to keep it healthy and unleash the natural beauty from within. Moisturized skin looks youthful and supple and who doesn’t want to look young, right? Whether you have dry skin, normal skin, sensitive skin or oily skin, moisturizing it is a must to nourish it and to undo any damage done. But, the market is full of products that contain harmful ingredients that can be even worse for your skin.
However, there are plenty of natural products as well that can save you from the harmful effects of beauty products full of chemical ingredients. These natural ingredients are easily available in your kitchen or else stocked up at the mart.
live oil is great as a moisturizer for dry skin and patchy areas on your skin. It is an effective moisturizer probably sitting in your kitchen already. This natural oil contains linolenic acid, which essentially blocks water in the skin to retain moisture that promotes smooth and nourished skin.Apart from that, the Vitamin E present in it counterbalances the oxidizing effect of free radicals that damage collagen, one of the common reasons for making your skin damaged and dry.
- Heat the olive oil a bit until lukewarm
- Rub a little oil on your hands, legs and other affected and dry areas of your skin.
- Massage gently into your skin in circular motions with fingers.
- Leave the oil on your skin for at least 30 minutes, and then take a shower.
- Follow this routine a few times a week or daily, as per the need.
Recommended Read: 5 Effective Natural Moisturizers For Your Face
Aloe Vera is an excellent ingredient for people with oily skin. It has a naturally gel-like consistency, which makes it perfect to use on oily areas of your skin as well as for other skin types. Aloe Vera keeps your skin supple and hydrated without adding extra oil to your skin. Aloe Vera is rich in nutrients like vitamins E and A, that can keep your skin soft and vibrant. It also soothes itchiness and prevents flaking, a common issue for people with dry skin.
- Apply the gel on your skin and allow it to dry for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this routine every 2 or 3 days to make a noticeable difference to your skin.
- You can also combine the gel from 1 aloe Vera leaf and ½ cup of coconut oil (solid, not melted).
- Whisk the mixture for about 5 minutes, until you get a fluffy consistency.
- Stock it in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Use it once or twice daily whenever required.
This Shea Butter along with baby oil is one of the best moisturizers for the Sensitive Skin type. People with sensitive skin are prone to allergy whenever the skin comes in contact with any unsuitable skin care product or dust. Shea butter penetrates deep into the skin and locks the moisture to provide instant relief from dryness. It doesn’t irritate the skin. It is also useful as an anti-aging solution as it erases wrinkles and fine lines, in addition to improving the elasticity of the skin.
- In a pan, melt a tablespoon of Shea butter or unsalted butter on low flame heat.
- Mix a 2 teaspoons of baby oil.
- Now, remove the pan from the heat and then add 2 teaspoons of rose water.
- Mix well everything together and then, apply it to your face, neck to prevent dryness.
- Store and use the mixture as per your need.
Recommended Read: How to Adapt Your Skincare Routine for Spring
Glycerin is a natural Humectant that attracts water and helps to preserve moisture in the skin. It moisturizes the skin without making it greasy and controls Oil secretion or unwanted shine. It also keeps your skin supple, smooth and glowing.
- Mix equal parts of glycerin and rose water together.
- Apply this mixture to your skin before going to bed at night.
- Take a lukewarm shower to rinse it off in the morning.
- Use this mixture a few times a week to get smooth, silky skin.
Keep yourself updated with the latest on Beauty. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more on Health, Diet & Nutrition and Fitness. Also, check out our Health Tools and try out our health-related Quizzes.