Almost everyone suffers from some skin issue caused by pollution, dust, or climate change. Your skin is constantly exposed to the sun, which is one of the chief causes of most skin issues. And global warming has only made matters worse. However, visiting a doctor to treat your skin problems might not always be a feasible option, given the time and expenses involved.
Recommended Read: How To Deal With Adult Acne
However, there are several natural remedies that can help you treat mild skin issues. Acne, in particular, is one skin issue both men and women suffer from, and getting rid of it is a major concern for many. But did you know that garlic can help you treat this problem? Eating raw garlic is one way of getting rid of acne breakouts.
Garlic is a potent herb that contains various anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties, which help to inhibit the clogged pores of the skin and reduce acne. Read on to learn how you can use garlic to deal with your acne breakouts.
Recommended Read: Can Witch Hazel Help Heal Your Acne Breakouts?
Eating raw garlic for acne
Garlic has anti-inflammation properties, which can help in the reduction of acne. Eating raw garlic cleans up your intestine, and kills all the harmful radicals that can cause acne. Adding cloves to garlic for acne treatment makes it an even more powerful remedy. Here’s how to use it:
- Take a few cloves, and fresh garlic pods and cut them. Consume them to get rid of acne on a regular basis.
- Another way to use garlic is by including it in your daily diet. Over time, you are sure to observe a significant positive difference in your skin.
Nothing can be a better acne treatment than applying a garlic mask on the face. The mask will not only rid the skin of acne but will also help in opening the pores that are blocked due to hyperpigmentation, sun exposure, etc. Here’s how to use it:
- Take some garlic pods, and 2-3 cloves, and mash it with a mortar pestle. Add water, make a fine paste and then apply it evenly on your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Once you have applied the paste, wait for it to get absorbed into the skin, and then wash it off with water.
Recommended Read: 5 DIY Face Masks to Deal with Oily Skin
Please note that if you feel a burning sensation, then remove the garlic paste immediately. Do not use any soap or cleanser to remove it.
Garlic with vinegar
Vinegar, when used along with garlic, can work wonders when it comes to acne scar removal. The mildly acidic nature of these ingredients will help in restoring the natural tone of the skin, which in return helps in the treatment of pimples. Here’s how to use it:
- Take one spoon vinegar and mix it with one teaspoon water.
- Take a few garlic pods and cloves, smash them, and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of garlic with a thin cotton cloth.
- Prepare the mixture of garlic, clove, and vinegar and apply it on the pimples.
- For the best results, do not rub your skin. Instead, dab the solution.
- Wash off with water after keeping it for 10 minutes.
- Apply this technique once in a day for maximum results.
Garlic pills for acne
For those who cannot eat raw garlic, garlic pills can be a handy option. Garlic pills are full of vitamin B1, B5, B6, calcium, iron, manganese and many more vitamins and minerals. The dosage of these tablets varies from person to person. On an average, 300mg can be taken three times a day without having to worry about any side-effects. However, if you are undergoing treatment for high blood pressure, you may need to take a higher dose of garlic pills, to deal with acne.
Use any of the aforementioned garlic treatments to rid yourself of acne breakouts. You will find it to be amazingly beneficial for your skin
Keep yourself updated with the latest on Beauty. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more on Health, Diet & Nutrition and Fitness. Also, check out our Health Tools and try out our health-related Quizzes.