You have no doubt been told time and again that carrots are good for your eyes. But did you know that carrot is great for your skin and hair?
- It is an essential oil and contains several antioxidants. It is distinct from the standard carrot oil, which is often used as a base oil, and which serves as a source of vitamin A.
- It benefits the skin when added as a skin-protecting agent. It is also used to moisturize hair naturally.
- It is made from the dried seeds of the wild Daucus carota (carrot plant) that belongs to the Umbelliferae or Apiaceae family. The plant flowers every year or every two years. It has hairy leaves and umbels of white lacy flowers with a purple center. Known as the wild Queen Anne’s lace, it was first found in France, Egypt, and India.
- It is gelatinous yellowish-brown in color with a distinctly earthy, woody, and root-like scent.
Carrot seed essential oil is a rich source of antioxidants that help you fight against various diseases, especially cancer. It has antibacterial properties and is capable of infusing moisture in the scalp, skin, and hair. It is often used in natural medicine to heal blisters, sores, and ulcers.
Carrot Seed Oil Benefits for Skin
- Rejuvenates skin: One of the main beauty benefits of carrot seed oil is its capacity to revitalize and moisturize skin. It has a high carotol content that helps to revitalize dull skin cells and make them as good as new.
- Smoothens wrinkles: Carrot seed oil is an unbelievably effective essential anti-aging oil. It helps you avoid early wrinkles and fine lines. The oil is a rich source of potent antioxidants like carotenoids that fight free radicals and prevent the onset of premature aging.
- Soothes sunburn and relieves pain: Sunburns can be very painful and damage the skin. Using carrot seed essential oil helps to alleviate the burn and heal skin damage, and promote cell regeneration.
- Lightens skin tone: If you want to lighten your skin tone, then you must try using carrot seed oil with lemon oil. A combination of these essential oils is quite powerful, and they help to lighten your skin tone.
Carrot Seed Oil Benefits for Hair
Carrot oil is full of nutrients, and vitamins A and E, which are beneficial for your hair. These vitamins prevent hair loss and indirectly aid hair growth. The carrot seed essential oil works to retain moisture in the hair and make it shine.
To prevent hair breakage, all you must do is use brew tea and add approx. ten drops of carrot seed oil in it. This mixture is an excellent source of vitamins and will stop further hair breakage.
Precautions to Take While Using Carrot Oil
All essential oils are potent, so it is advisable to use these oils in diluted form only. That is why you often need to mix these essential oils with a few base oils like coconut or almond.
Pregnant women and nursing mothers must avoid ingesting carrot seed oil. You should always mix carrot oil with some other carrier oil, for example, coconut oil. If you experience an allergic reaction after using carrot seed oil, stop using instantly and visit your doctor.
Carrot Seed Oil also helps to heal skin diseases, rejuvenate your skin cells and slow down the aging process. If you feel that you need to try natural methods to have glowing skin and hair, then this oil is the best.
So go ahead and give carrot seed oil a try. You surely won’t regret it.
Keep yourself updated with the latest on Beauty. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more on Health, Diet & Nutrition and Fitness. Also, check out our Health Tools and try out our health-related Quizzes.